Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sushi boat

From January 5, 2015

It is snowing again. At least it isn't -17c like it was a few nights ago, haha.
This week was pretty solid.
I've been reading a ton in Romanian recently and it makes everything awesome in stories. Like jokes I would maybe just smile at in English are funny again just because it's in another language.
We had to stay at the church one day for a few hours, so Elder Daland and I made up this awesome game. Basically just mini soccer in a bigger room of the church, but we play it with a hacky sack. It is super epic. Games like this are way cool when you are like 12 or a missionary. 
We drew a bulls-eye on a white board and kicked the hacky sack at it. 
I can honestly say my hand eye coordinartion, vertical, and English spelling have suffered since I started my mish, but my foot coordination is getting way better. It is sick
We celebrated Elder Hammer's birthday this week. Went to some japanese place, it was random but super good. Daland and I ordered this large amount of sushi and it came out on a wooden boat. It was so legit and pretty good food too.
We had a cool meeting this week and a senior couple here talked for a second about some epic stuff that is going to be happening here in Chisinau in the next few months. It has never happened anywhere else in Europe I guess, but President Ivory is the man and is doin it! So that is cool. I don't know if I can really say much more yet, but it'll be huge.

We went out with this YSA member Sevghi to visit a family she grew up with. It was in a village just outside of Chisinau. We showed up and the lady was super nice and we talked for a little bit and shared our message and stuff and she had been to church once and missionaries visited her before, so we talked about that. Then she asked if we wanted to try her homemade all-natural apple juice. Of course I said yes. then she asked if we wanted to eat a little bit. So I couldn't reject her now...I said sure and then she continued to bring out sooo much food she had made for us. haha. and it was some pretty wild stuff. This chicken dish that was a chicken breast and a wing, they were cooked and were in this broth looking stuff. Then she dished it out for us and it ends up it was cold and the broth was in like gelatin form. Pretty sketch but I didn't have to eat the heart, she gave it to my comp. It ended up pretty good, just cold.. so that was odd. She brought out placinta, these pastries of different varieties, cabbage, cherries, squash. Then she brought out some duck with some noodles. That was actually really good. She wouldn't let us stop eating. Just brought homemade horse-radish and told us if we wanted to become more manly we had to eat it. AM IMBATRANIT! All of the food she made us was natural and from the land they have, so that was awesome. The apple juice was the best i've ever had. 
She talked to me a lot about the fact that I must come back to moldova and buy land because it is the most fertile ever, then we can team up together and make a shop where she makes food and I sell it. That was awesome, haha.
Getting outside of the city was nice too, it's good to see rolling hills and not so many buildings.
This crazy artist dude named Tudor came to church and brought this sculpture he made of a church or something. He was trying to explain it to this senior couple who speaks little Romanian. So I come in and start translating just like what the heck is this guy talking about hahaha. He said it was a tower of knowledge and it contained all wisdom in knowing that it isn't too early or too late. It was literally a church carved out of some plaster that you can hold in your hand. It was crazy how serious he was about it though. 
He brought a painting to church a few months ago and like stopped everything in  the sacrament meeting and tried to tie in his abstract but actually pretty good paiting into the meeting. He did pretty good for just pulling it out of nowhere. Tudor, man... haha
It was a pretty solid week. I did a lot of branch clerk stuff too, so I guess that was a good time haha. not really but I make it fun. President Covali is the coolest dude ever though. He speaks 4 languages. Crazy.
We are going to play soccer this week with a bunch of guys from the branch, some Russian dudes who are ridiculously good and like 65 years old. So it'll be a good week.
Set goals this week if you haven't already. Pray and really ask for wisdom and other gifts of the spirit. Ponder it, and then commit yourself! 
It's hard to see the perspective in the middle of the trial, but when you overcome it and look back at the progress made, it's always worth it.
The Lord wants to help us more than we think, let him.
love,
Elder Boydstun