Monday, October 6, 2014

Yom Kipper - Conference Weekend

Every time I write these emails I wonder what I even have to say. 
then I think.. oh yeah, this place is madness!

We went to Vera's place again this week (jew/christian lady that takes care of 3 mentally ill old ladies on her on pension). I think it mentally scarred my comp hahaha, his first skeeeetchy old romanian madness. We drank some cocacola out of some extraordinarily dirty/dusty glasses. She yelled at my comp for standing on her weeds, hahaha. Old dude who was there (she saved him from jumping off a bridge) talked to me forever about how he kept bees forever and had 4 WHOLE BOXES OF THEM.  We tried to help her move stuff around her house/courtyard but she refused because we only had time to praise God together. So we listened to her say the 10 Commandments in Romanian and even memorized in English. She is so nuts. She had a dream that she needs to learn English.. so she somehow came into contact with us, I think she just needs to find the gospellllll ooooohhhh!
$$$

But hey, English started too. We actually got some people interested in faith from it too, cool beans. Two even came to watch conference… whoaaa!
BUT check this out. Catalin. My HOMIE... Myler and I started teaching him English back in May. He hardly spoke any at first. I may have said this another time, but he got a job offer to go work in England last month. AND he just left to Bucharest to go there yesterday!!!! SOO SICK AHH. that dude just started a whole new life and I am sooo stoked for him. NUTS WHOA WOW 

We went to visit Sora Krista in the hospital again. It was incredible. One of the coolest spiritual convos I have had yet. Her husband was a real solid member once, but got offended. I was talking about not letting others affect our faith and how people aren't perfect and to not be offended… money, I know. And she raises up her hand on her little bed and points at him when he isn't looking, haha. Then we threw it down on sharing a story from a Mormon Message video. it was CLUTCH, too. Her husband was feelin the spirit, I know it. I was so stoked about it!

I talked to my homie from Italy. Elder Minor... the homie. It was real cool.

Met up with Ghiti this week at his Langos stand. He has that, and is transforming his basement into a restaurant for his son to run it. He is the man. He introduced us to everyone there and invited them to church. We talked to some dude in his neighborhood for a while because he stopped him and said "Hey whats up! Look, I'm with my brothers from the church!" Then proceeded to get his number so he can bring him to church sometime. He is the sickest ever.
This was on exchange w/ Baielli so it was sick because we met him together in my first transfer. He also showed us his sons pitbull that is YOKED. No joke. It runs around like a short super ripped dude and has bulging muscles and is insane. 

I also watched one of the most odd plays I have ever seen. "Life as an Easy Game". The lady gets cancer, is pregnant, husband is real sketchy, she gets real depressed, then they are super happy together, she can't move arm but half-way through setting up a table for dinner it works fine again, then she leaves him randomly, he goes nuts.. wakes up drunk on the floor to a call saying his wife loves him and they have a healthy baby boy. play over.
We thought it would be so cool since it was in this huge theatre in Centru.. so we get tickets and then they usher us up into this tiny studio room and there are 2 actors... what the heck, man.

I also went to a Jewish synagogue on Friday. It was sooo cool. I wore a yamaka (or kippa) and everything. The Rabbi dude said a few things in Romanian at first then just went OFF for an hour in Hebrew. Some dude next to us went up to the front to kiss these manuscripts/scrolls or something.. then when he came back he opened this box thing in front of the benches you sit at, and replaced a pistol back into his chest holster. haha secret pistol wielding man.. 
We were with Gabi and he just laughed so hard.

We missionaries in Arad all made a ton of food on Saturday for the Conference sessions. Branch Pres filled his mouth full of Mici (sausage stuff) then asked Brown with chipmunk cheeks if there was more, hahahaha. Some crazy gypsy kids cracked a window at our Vila.. they were wild and took forever to leave. 

Conference was all in Romanian and I haven't been able to watch much of the English versions yet. But Jorg Klebingat's talk was incredible CHECK IT OUT.  I also liked Hollands about turning out to those less fortunate, he is the man!  Also, Callister's was really good!

"Mere Christianity" by CS Lewis is probably a way cool book. Check out this quote from it!

"Give me all. I don’t want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work: I want You. All of you. I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man, but to kill it. No half-measures will do. I don’t want to only prune a branch here and another there; rather, I want the whole tree out. Hand it all over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them all over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart"


Love you all. Cherish Conference. The words from the Prophet and Apostles are the guidance we need to take heed of.  Listen to, follow, and Love God!

Alma 29 is real cool too. I read it last night. So you all read it, too. We are so united.

Hey watch out for the Eclipse soon!

va iubesc
saptamana placuta sa aveti

- Elder Boydstun